To learn more, visit Treatmo.com.
Check out this new recipe on Treatmo for eggplant pasta with pine nut parmesan. The pine nut parmesan comes from Sanctuary Vegan Cheeze which can be ordered on the Treatmo app with a couple taps. This great cheeze maker also produces other vegan flavors including ricotta (with macadamia nuts) and American Style (with oats). Download the Treatmo app and shop instantly.
If you visit NYC a want to check out the latest vegan restaurants that are shaping the cuisine, then make your way to Washington Sqaure Park in lower Manhattan. The West 4th Street Station can be reached by the A, C, D, E, and F trains. The park is an enjoyable place to relax in Greenwich Village before you start eating. When Manhattan was smaller in size, the area was used as a local military training ground. In the 1960s, it was the center of the burgeoning artistic culture of the city. Now the surround area hosts enough vegan restaurants to keep you busy for your entire time.
South and West of the Park
1. Sacred Chow - friendly small eatery with well made vegan paninis, soups, and specials.
2. Red Bamboo - mock meat aficionados will enjoy it here
3. Rockin Raw - latin inspired vegan cuisine
4. Blossom Cafe
5. Buddha Bodai (Chinatown)
North and East of the Park
1. Peacefood Cafe (near Union Square) - large modern diner with bakery shelves at the entrance
2. Caravan of Dreams (East Village)
4. Quinessence (East Village) - original raw food establishment in NYC and delicious
5. Superiority Burger (East Village) - vegan burgers
6. V Burger (Union Square)
7. V Spot (East Village) - Latin vegan cuisine
My second trip to NYC using the Treatmo app to pay for food, juices, smoothies, and desserts start today. Going wallet free while dining elevates the experience to a social interaction at innovative plant-based restaurants in Manhattan and Brooklyn. It's fun and friends can participate on the Treat Feed (or news feed) in the app. See what I discover in real time. Don't have time to join, you can view my favorites by downloading Treatmo and searching 'MakeSimpleVegan Treats'. Lots a great treats! Here is a sample:
Make Simple Vegan Meals