Pumpkin has several great nutritional qualities - here are some of them:
- Pumpkin's main nutrient is Vitamin A - it contains over 200% of the recommended daily allowance, which is great for the immune system, improving vision, and most importantly, healthy for one's skin!
- Pumpkin is low in calories, only 20 calories per 100 g, so it won't hurt to eat it frequently.
- Since it has plenty of beta-carotene, it has cancer fighting benefits as well.
- Pumpkin contains zea-xanthin which helps preserve the eye's retina and protect against age related macular diseases.
- Lastly, it's low in sodium and high in potassium (about 7% of the RDA) so it's potassium-to-sodium ratio is healthy. Further, plant-based ingredients which deliver potassium are very good for the functioning of the body.
- (Nutrition info source)